Neemrana Fort Palace, Alwar
Built since 1464 AD, Neemrana Fort-Palace is among India’s oldest heritage resorts. Neemrana became the third capital of the descendants of Prithviraj Chauhan III, who was killed in battle by Mohammad Ghori in 1192 AD. This picturesque site was chosen by Raja Rajdeo and Neemrana derived its name from a brave local chieftain Nimola Meo, who when defeated by the Chauhans, pleaded that his name be given to his lost kingdom.
It is Rajasthan’s closest palace from New Delhi, situated at 122 kms. on the Delhi-Jaipur highway – only 100 kms from Delhi’s international airport. Sited on a majestic plateau, concealed in a horseshoe formation of the billion year old Aravalli ranges.
The property covers 25 acres/10 hectares and the stepped palaces of this architectural jewel cut into the hillside to sprawl over 3 acres/1.2 hectares and rises to 10 levels commanding the most splendid views. Including a vista pool to the horizon. From 1986, the ruins of this Fort-Palace have been sensitively restored and reconstructed. The rooms are furnished with an
eclectic mix of traditional Indian and colonial furniture, antiques and objets d’art. Most rooms have private balconies or terraces and the loos are designed to have views!
Within Fort Walls
* Games: Playing cards, Chess, Carrom board Treasure Hunt, Musical Chair
* Library: Book reading
* A guided tour of the Fort
* Free yoga and meditation exercises
* Ayuervedic rejuvenation and other Holistic treatment after Consultancy with a Doctor
* Swimming pool, Jacuzzi
Outside Fort Walls
* A guided tour of the 18th century Stepwell can be arranged on request.
* Camel cart rides can be arranged on request
* Trek to the watchtowers on the hills
* Try Flying Fox – India’s first ever aerial zip-line experience, exclusively at Neemrana.
* This unforgettable airborne adventure, flies you high in the sky along super-strong steel cables suspended between hills tops and battlements. Soar with the peacock and gods over the trees and crags of the two billion-year old Aravalli mountains on this thrilling 2 hour experience. Highly trained guides ensure your safety and supply you with entertaining commentary on the history, culture and ecology of Neemrana. With imported safety equipment – & refreshments included.
Neemrana Fort Palace
Mail : email@example.com
Mobile: +91.7737074886, 9829436491
[booking nummonths=2 startmonth=’2011-03′]